Apply for a Blue Badge Click to get info
Step 1: Pay for your Blue Badge
Before you can apply for a new Blue Badge you’ll need to pay a £10 administration fee. If your application is not successful, we’ll refund the fee.
There is no charge for replacement badges if the original card has been stolen or is faded.
You’ll need to either:
- give us a copy of the crime report with the crime reference number
- return the faded badge
Pay by phone
Call Waltham Forest Direct on 020 8496 3000.
Step 2: Apply for your Blue Badge
With your application, you'll also need to supply:
- documents relating to your condition - these will be specified on the application form
- a passport-quality photograph - visit GOV.UK for rules for passport photographs
Please don't send original documents.
Apply by email or post
You can collect an application form from a Library Plus branch.
Please send, or email, your completed application form and supporting evidence to our Mobility Team at the address in the Contact section below.
Or you can return it in person to a Library Plus branch.
Once you've applied
Please note, applications can take up to 28 days to be processed.
Displaying your Blue Badge Click to get info
Your Blue Badge must be displayed so it can be clearly read through the front windscreen.
It must be:
- on the vehicle's dashboard or fascia panel
- so the front of the badge with the hologram is facing up
- so the side showing the photograph is facing down
It must not be:
- faded or illegible through damage
If this is the case, please request a replacement from us.
Displaying an illegible badge or incorrectly displaying the badge may result in a Penalty Charge Notice being issued.
Parking clocks (discs)
If you need to use a parking clock with your Blue Badge, you must display it so it can be clearly read through the front windscreen.
It must be:
- on the dashboard or fascia panel
- set to show the quarter hour period during which you arrived
It must not be:
- used instead of, or without, the Blue Badge
When to display parking clocks
|Type of parking bay||What to display|
|Waiting restrictions for three hours||Badge and clock displayed to arrival time|
|PaybyPhone bays||Badge displayed|
|Shared use bays||Badge displayed|
|Market trader bays for three hours||Badge and clock displayed to arrival time|
|Short stay parking bays without time restrictions||Badge displayed|
|On street disabled bays max stay three hours, no return same day||Badge and clock displayed to arrival time|
|Car park disabled bays max stay three hours, no return same day||Badge and clock displayed to arrival time|
|Car parks, other bays without restrictions||Badge displayed|