We’re excited to announce the borough’s first Big Culture Conversation. It's a celebration of our rich cultural heritage with performances, family activities, food and a chance to join the discussion on what’s next for culture in our borough.
Free drop in workshops, arts and crafts market, stalls, food; play area, face painting and the great seed swap.
The Big Culture Conversation is a partnership between local creative organisations and Waltham Forest Council.
Waltham Forest’s bid for London Borough of Culture was the start of something very special in Waltham Forest. This event will take forward the amazing momentum shown by our residents, businesses, artists and creative communities to ensure culture really is on every corner of our spectacular borough.
Four different ‘zones’, curated by homegrown art collectives, artists, curators or designers, will show how culture can make a positive impact on Waltham Forest - bringing people together, as a route to a fulfilling career or simply a great day out.
They will also be:
- four engaging debates to explore each of the bid themes
- performances on the hour, to showcase the best of the borough
- refreshments from Perky Blenders
The first 300 attendees will receive a free hot drink.
- 12pm - E17 Puppet Project
- 1pm - Drumworks
- 1.15pm - Discussion: Cultural Capacity
- 2pm - Leaders Academy
- 2.15pm - Discussion: Culture on every corner
- 3pm - Khyal Arts
- 3.15pm – Discussion: Culture as a bond
- 4pm – Krix Panx
- 4.15pm – Discussion: Culture as a Career
- 5pm onwards – Tina T closing performance
Plus enjoy Arts & Crafts markets from Leyton&stone Designers, E17 Designers and Highams Park Creatives, food, a kids zone and arts and crafts activities.
Themes and Zones
- Culture as a bond - Curated by Hazel Durrant
- Culture on every corner - Curated by Laura Kerry
- Culture as a career - Curated by Oliver Benjamin
- Cultural capacity - Curated by Abby Viner