Waltham Forest residents are invited to come and try the new facilities at the Feel Good Too Centre, off Ive Farm Close in Leyton during a special ‘Taster Day’ on Saturday 6 October.
From 11am until 4pm three local sports clubs will be on site to show off their support and let people have a go:
- Waltham Forest Hockey Club will be running hockey tasters, drills and mini games.
- Side Out Beach Volleyball Club will be offering taster sessions and opportunities to watch the experts play throughout the day.
- Eton Manor Athletics Club will be running taster sessions.
Waltham Forest Council’s Cabinet Member for Economic Growth and High Streets, Councillor Simon Miller, said: “The Council has invested around £11 million in new facilities at the Feel Good Too Centre to provide first class sport and community facilities for residents.
“This is part of our commitment to improve the life chances of our residents by encouraging people to be fit and healthy and to provide a borough which is a great place in which to live and work
“Having provided these first class facilities we want to see them well used by clubs and residents, not just from Leyton but from across the borough, so this taster day on Saturday 6 October is an ideal opportunity to come down and try out these facilities.
“If you don’t want to try the sports on offer you can sample the delicious food and drink at the Discovery Café, which is run by Waltham Forest Catering, on the site.”
The taster sessions are free of charge; all you need to do is wear training shoes as moulded stud footwear is not allowed.
The new facilities include:
- Two floodlit all-weather sports pitches
- A 60 metre running track
- A fitness trail
- Six beach volleyball courts
- A pavilion including a café, changing facilities, flexible space for community use and an office
- 40 growing beds which residents can hire to grow their own fruit, flowers and vegetables
- Appropriate landscaping
More information: www.walthamforest.gov.uk/FeelGoodToo