Furniture or large non electrical items Click to get info
Our waste collection team will collect up to 20 items for a fee.
- 1 to 5 items: £60
- 6 to 10 items: £90
- 11 to 15 items: £120
- 16 to 20 items: £150
If you have more than 20 items to be collected, please contact us for a quote: firstname.lastname@example.org
Non-electrical standard items that we collect include:
- Exercise equipment - non electric (running machines included and all in one multi gyms only if dismantled)
- Garden equipment and furniture
- Household furniture and fittings
- Musical instruments (except pianos and organs, please pass these on to charity shops)
- Satellite dishes
Select Book a large item collection under Get stuff done on this page to make an online booking for your item. The online form should take less than 5 minutes to complete.
If you need further assistance, contact us: email@example.com
Large electrical items (white goods) Click to get info
The council will take away your large electrical items for a fee. If possible, we’ll clean them up and repair them so that they can be passed on to someone else to use.
If this isn’t possible, electrical items will be recycled so that their parts can be reused.
- £25 for one standard size item
- £35 for two standard size items
- £35 for one oversize item
- £45 for three standard size items
- £45 for one oversize and one standard item
Standard items are defined as being too large to fit easily in a car but less than a one cubic yard in volume (0.765 cubic meters). Items larger than this, such as American style fridges, are considered oversize and count as two items in your order.
Large electrical items that we collect include:
- Air conditioners
- Clothes dryers
- Washing machines
Your items must be ready for collection at 8.30am on your arranged day. If they're being collected from inside, please make sure you’re in when we arrive and that the appliance is disconnected.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the details of your large electrical items and your full collection address and contact details.
Cancel or change a large item collection booking Click to get info
If your booking was made with us, two working days’ notice is needed to cancel or change the collection.
You can change or cancel the collection of council arranged:
- non-electrical items - by navigating to your case in your online My Account.
- electrical items - by responding to the confirmation email you received.
Report a missed large item collection Click to get info
If your item collection did not occur on the working day after your confirmed collection date, please report:
- non-electrical items in your online My Account as a missed collection. If there is a reason for the missed collection, you'll find this information in your booking.
- electrical items by responding to the confirmation email you received