What the housing development process involves Click to get info
- Housing development starts with carrying a feasibility and viability appraisal. This tells us how many homes could fit on the site, and how much it’ll cost to build.
- If we can build homes on the site, an architect will prepare plans, reports and everything else needed for a planning application.
- When we’re happy with the plans, we’ll submit a planning application to the local planning authority like any other developer.
- Residents and businesses around the site are then consulted and are invited to comment on the planning application. See commenting on a planning application to find out how to comment.
- If planning permission is granted, we’ll appoint a building contractor to build the homes.
The whole process can take at least two years.
See current council home building projects Click to get info
Further information Click to get info
If you have any questions, contact Waltham Forest Housing Development Team.
Phone 020 8496 3000 ext 5549 / 5548 / 5547 / 5552
Waltham Forest Housing
Housing Development and Regeneration
Cedar Wood House
2d Fulbourne Road
Walthamstow E17 4GG