Who can apply Click to get info
You can apply if you are experiencing severe financial or personal hardship caused by events outside your control.
Read the full details of our scheme in the Waltham Forest Discretionary Housing Payment and Discretionary Council Tax Hardship Scheme (654KB PDF file)
Apply for the scheme Click to get info
To apply you’ll need to complete an application form and give:
- a summary of your reason for applying
- any evidence to support your reason
- a statement of how this reduction will help you and what will happen next
You will also need to give evidence to prove financial or personal hardship in the form of:
- a completed income and expenditure form
- bank statement
- utility bills
- evidence of rent and mortgage
- employment details with salary
- evidence of benefits you get
What happens next Click to get info
We will make a decision in one month after we receive your application. It may take longer if we ask you to provide further evidence. We will make a decision one month after we receive your evidence.
If you disagree with our decision Click to get info
If you disagree with our decision, you can ask for a review, which we will do in one month from the date of the original decision letter.