ProContract Click to get info
We use an e-tendering system called 'ProContract’. All councils must use this to source quotes and tenders above £1000.
Benefits to suppliers include:
- quick registration on a London portal
- alerts of new opportunities
- view all of all of our tenders and contracts
- a free system to use with online help and guidance
- access to circa 20 other London boroughs opportunities
- retains organisations information to reduce time inputting the same data repeatedly
So, to make sure that you can bid for work with 20 London boroughs, please register your company.
Advertising of tenders and prior indicative notices Click to get info
Contract thresholds Click to get info
The value of a contract determines which process we will adopt:
Up to £10,000 for supplier and services:
- we must receive at least one (1) written quote.
- we look for quotation from local suppliers
£10,001 to £50,000 for supplies and services:
- we must receive at least two (2) written quotes
- we look for quotations from a local supplier
£50,001 to £100,000 for supplies and services:
- at least three (3) written quotes.
- we look for a quotation from a local supplier
£100,001 to EU threshold level for supplies and services OR up to £500,000 for works:
- we must receive at least five (5) written quotes.
- we look for at least two (2) quotations from local suppliers
Contracts which exceed the European Procurement Regulations thresholds determined by the European Procurement Regulations, except for some services, must be advertised in OJEU (Official Journal of the European Union)..
Find more information on BIP Solutions.
Community right to challenge Click to get info
The right to challenge allows eligible groups to express an interest in running a Local Authority Service:
We must consider expressions of interest and, where we accept them, run a procurement exercise for the service which anyone can compete for. Please see the guidance which explains how we will assess expressions of interest and the expression of interest form below:
Procurement strategy and policy Click to get info
We want to make sure we have a positive impact on the local economy, environment and socially through our contracts.
We are keen to make sure we use our contracts to create opportunities and benefits for the local economy, for example employment, apprentices etc.
Procurement policy (427KB PDF)
Supplier charter (393KB PDF)