Priority actions Click to get info
Our key actions for realising this strategy are:
- Establish an Employment and Skills Partnership Board.
- Set up a new apprenticeship partnership for the borough that works with businesses to increase the number of apprenticeship places and monitors their success.
- Develop clear pathways for residents to access training and skills development to enable them to access high quality employment, with a broad range of skills levels, but a good level of pay and working conditions.
- Promote employment, training programmes and sector based initiatives in the growth of skills to support creative, construction and urban services.
- Promote the London Living Wage and support businesses to become better employers who pay the London Living Wage, support apprentices and provide training and career progression.
- Develop the Adult Learning Service to provide targeted training and skills development in existing, new and emerging sectors of the local economy.
- Develop enhanced planning policy and skills negotiations regarding local employment and training from developments.
- Maximise job opportunities for local people through procurement processes.