Free cycle training for schools Click to get info
All schools within Waltham Forest are entitled to free cycle training courses for children in Year 6 and above.
- Bikeability Level 1 is playground-based and covers basic cycle handling skills and balance
- Level 2 allows children to experience real traffic on quieter roads and cycle lanes, perhaps including the journey to school
- Level 3 allows children in Year 7 and above, to learn the skills to tackle more challenging roads and traffic
If your child’s school is not already offering training and you'd like them to include it, please ask the school first.
The school can call us on 020 8496 3000 or email email@example.com for further information.
We have some bicycles available adapted for children with special educational or mobility needs. We work with the specialist schools in the borough to offer fun and inclusive training sessions.
Free cycle training for adults Click to get info
We offer free cycle training for adults who live, work or study in Waltham Forest.
Whether you are a novice, returning to cycling after a break, or an experienced rider wanting to expand your knowledge of the local area, our training partners can help you.
We offer all levels of training including:
- one-to-one, or group, sessions with an experienced cycle leader, seven days a week, at a location to suit you
- for new commuters, we'll work with you to identify a safe convenient route for you to cycle between home and work
If you don't have your own bicycle, we have a limited number of loan bicycles, subject to availability.
Cycle awareness training for drivers Click to get info
All of our HGV drivers and contractors receive on-bike training through a Safe Urban Driving training programme. If you're interested in training for your firm’s drivers, please contact The Freight Operator Recognition Scheme (FORS) or call them on 08448 09 09 44.
You can find general guidance on safer driving around cyclists, as well as tips for safer cycling, on the Transport for London website.