Member services and facilities Click to get info
Hale End Library offers the following free services and facilities for members:
- books: print titles, eBooks and eAudiobooks available for loan or download
- newspapers and magazines: latest editions available to read in the library
- computers: PCs with Microsoft Office software and internet access
- Wi-Fi internet access available throughout the building
- online courses: access a range of free learning material, including language lessons, driving theory test preparation, and computing skills lessons
- public toilet (wheelchair accessible) and baby change facility
Library members can also access the following 'paid for' services with their library card:
- printing and photocopying
- fax machine
- room hire
Visit the Waltham Forest Libraries website for more information on the above services. Alternatively, give us a call or visit us in person.
Regular events and activities Click to get info
- To be confirmed
- Drop-in IT Sessions (Weekly), 10.30am to 11.30am
- Help with your IT problems and questions. No booking required.
- Love Pure Yoga, 7pm to 8pm
Please contact via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or 075 3878 9349 for more information.
- hSpark Radio (1st Tuesday of each month)
Your local radio needs you! email: email@example.com to find out more.
- Baby Bounce and Rhyme (weekly)
10.30am to 11am (throughout the year including school holidays)
- Board Games Club for Adults (weekly), 2.30pm to 4pm
- Silver Surfers IT Workshop (1st Wednesday of month), 10.30am to 12 noon
IT support for ages 55+, contact the library for more information and to book a session.
- Family History Group (1st Wednesday of the month), 6.30pm to 8.30pm
This informal group meets approximately once a month to share information, hints and tips as they explore their roots through the help of library resources, special talks, and workshops. To join this existing group or to find out more about setting up your own group in another library please email us at Libraries.Support@walthamforest.gov.uk
- Stories and Rhyme Time (Term time only)
1.15pm to 2pm (1st Session)
2.15pm to 3pm (2nd Session)
- Coffee Morning (weekly), 10.30am to 12 noon
Drop in for free tea and coffee.
- English Conversation Club (Term time only), 10.30am to 12 noon
Free your speech! Join us for weekly informal conversation sessions: suitable for adults learning English and looking for more practice outside of classes. No booking needed.
- RTG Tuition, 10.30am to 2pm
- Hale End Library Craft Club (1st Saturday of the month)
Times vary. Visit the Eventbrite website for details or ask a member of staff.
- Knit-In with HP Pins and Needles (2nd Saturday of the month), 11am to 1pm
Bring your needles, a ball of yarn and get creating. All levels welcome.
- Weekly Film Club, 1.30pm start
Contact the library for details of this weeks film.
Hale End user group Click to get info
The user group contributes suggestions to the library regarding the development of:
- activities and events
- use of the building and facilities
- links with local groups and community involvement.
The group meets quarterly, with around 10 participants representing local groups and interests. We are looking for new members to represent young people.
If you are interested in joining the user group, please enquire with a member of staff at the library.