Eligibility criteria Click to get info
For your business to be eligible to use the HCC logo, it must:
- meet eight criteria (four essential criteria, plus four others)
- achieve the ‘broad compliance’ standard, or above, for food hygiene
If your business fries food, then it must meet a further three criteria.
Businesses can also sign up to other optional criteria.
How to apply Click to get info
Information and guidance - before you apply Click to get info
You can find full information and guidance on the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health (CIEH) website.
Guides to download include:
- full eligibility criteria
- information on oils and fats
- advice for mobile food providers
- advice for Chinese businesses
- general and practical guidance for all food businesses
- plus much more
If you need any further information or advice about the scheme, please contact us. Our contact details are in the section below: ‘How to apply’.
Obesity in the borough Click to get info
In Waltham Forest:
- almost 60 per cent of adults are estimated to be overweight or obese
- 40 per cent of pupils aged 10-11 years are either overweight or obese, according to recent National Child Measurement Programme (NCMP) results
We recognise the important and positive role that Waltham Forest’s businesses are already playing in tackling the issue through providing healthier food options.