I need to come in to Housing Advice, what do I need to bring? Click to get info
Please bring with you:
- proof of identity, such as a passport, birth certificate or Home Office documents
- any information related to why you’re homeless, such as a notice to quit or notice of eviction from your landlord, or anything else relevant
- proof of your income, such as benefits or payslips
Please also see if these situations are relevant to you:
- if you have a medical condition that affects your housing needs, please bring a doctor’s/ hospital letter
- if you can’t come in because of a physical disability, please email and we’ll arrange to come to you
- if you’ve recently been discharged from the military, please bring your discharge papers
- if you’re subject to MAPPA, please bring your risk assessment
- if you’ve been released from long-term prison sentence, please bring your release papers or any documents relating to conditions of your release
- if you’re a care leaver, please bring a letter from your social worker
Organisations offering help and support for homeless people Click to get info
Our Waltham Forest Directory has details of organisations offering emergency accommodation in the borough.
The following charities and agencies help people who are homeless, or at risk of becoming homeless:
- St Mungo's Waltham Forest Single Homeless Housing and Support Hub - provides support for people who are homeless, insecurely housed, or have received an eviction notice. You can email, phone, or visit in person at the Forest YMCA. See their contact details and download their leaflet.
- Shelter - provides advice, support and legal services
- Homeless UK - gives support and advice on accommodation and finding support services
- No Second Night Out - focuses on helping people who are rough-sleeping for the first time
- Fountain Day Centre - has a drop-in service offering breakfast, lunch, plus bathing and toilet facilities for homeless people.
Fountain Day Centre
3 Staffa Road
London E10 7PY
Opening times: Monday to Friday, 9.30am to 3.30pm