The Council has established a £5 million programme to refurbish and improve Waltham Forest’s four main Library Plus buildings at Leyton, Leytonstone, Walthamstow and Chingford. This is a major investment at a time when many other councils in London and elsewhere are cutting back their library services.
Our vision is that new Library Plus branches will:
- Be modern and attractive spaces which match up to the best public library buildings in London
- Offer a modern library service equipped with cutting-edge information technology
- Provide easy access to the full range of council services, particularly through self-service
- Empower staff to offer the best customer experience
Improvement work has now been completed at Leyton library. Improvement works at the other libraries will be phased over a number of years.
Leyton and Leytonstone Library Plus refurbishment completed
- fast and reliable internet and Wi-Fi
- brand new PCs
- a children’s storytelling area
- a dedicated library and study space for teenagers and young people
- access a wide range of council and community services
- help for residents to use self-service PCs to make payments, report or request services
- a drop off service for information relating to housing benefit claims or council tax accounts