New consultations Click to get info
The Council is carrying out a separate consultation on the Sustainability Appraisal Report on the Draft Local Plan which was published for consultation during the period 22 July to 30 September 2019.
Sustainability Appraisal is a process to assess the social, environmental and economic impacts of a Plan and is required under the Planning and Compulsory Purchase Act 2004, and the Environmental Assessment of Plans and Programmes Regulation 2004. The consultation period runs from Wednesday 9 October until 20 November 2019.
- Draft Local Plan Sustainability Appraisal Report
- Draft Local Plan Sustainability Appraisal Report (Non-Technical Summary)
- (A) Baseline Data
- (B) Review of relevant plans, policies and programmes
- (C) Spatial strategy options assessment matrix
- (D) Local plan policies assessment, thematic policies assessment matrix
- (E) Spatial strategy policies assessment summaries September 2018
- (F) Direction of travel options assessment November 2017
These documents are available for inspection at all Waltham Forest Libraries.
Our preferred method for receiving consultation responses is through the Consultation Portal.
Alternatively, you can submit comments in writing either:
- via email: email@example.com
- via letter: Planning Policy, The Magistrates, 1 Farnan Avenue, Walthamstow, London, E17 4NX
All comments must be received by 12 midnight on Wednesday, 20 November 2019
Call for Sites
As part of the Local Plan preparation process, the Council welcomes sites being put forward by individuals, landowners, developers, businesses etc for consideration. The aim of the ‘Call for Sites’ is to identify sites within the Borough that may have the potential for development over the plan period, and that could be included on our Brownfield Land Register. If you would like to submit a site for consideration, please visit the Consultation Portal.
Recent consultations (now closed) Click to get info
- Design Charter for Schools - closed 23 March 2018
- Call for sites for the 2016 Strategic Housing Land Availability Assessment (SHLAA) - closed 30 June 2016
- Housing delivery supplementary planning document - draft document published for consultation during the period 9 December 2015 – 20 January 2016
- Norlington Road industrial site supplementary planning document - consultation on draft plan from 20 November – 18 December 2015
- Non-Immediate Article 4 Direction for Light Industrial Units - closed 6 January 2017
- Planning Obligations supplementary planning document (2017) - closed 10 April 2017
- New South Grove / St James Street supplementary planning document (2017) - closed 10 April 2017
- Non-Immediate Article 4 Direction for A1 (shops) - closed 4 September 2017
- Non-Immediate Article 4 Direction for B1a (offices) - closed 4 September 2017
- Sustainability Appraisal Scoping Report - Consultation 2017 - closed 28 August 2017
- New Local Plan Direction of Travel - closed 22 December 2017
Draft Local Plan Consultation
The Council consulted on a draft new Local Plan document during the period Monday 22 July to Monday 30 September 2019. This consultation has now closed.
Varied Article 4 direction for B1a offices
Please see our Article 4 direction page for full details of this consultation.
Have your say Click to get info
You can use the electronic consultation system which enables you to register on the consultation database, make representations on consultation documents online and view all comments which have been made.
It’s easy to use and will acknowledge and provide you with a copy of your comment, if required. It enables efficient processing and analysis of comments received.
There is a site tour guide to help you through the process, but if you experience any problems using the system please contact the Planning Policy Team