What is planned?
A total of 50 new homes are to be built on the corner of Church Road and Tallack Road, Leyton, consisting of:
- Six apartments for affordable rent
- Four apartments for shared ownership
- 38 apartments and two houses for private sale
Who is doing the work?
Galliard Homes is delivering this project.
What happens when?
Work started in December 2017.
Piling took place until March 2018 using Continuous Flight Auger Piles (CFA), which involved drilling 20 metre deep holes into the ground and subsequently filling with concrete as this reduced vibration and disturbance.
The buildings are now being constructed.
Energy efficient LED lights have also been installed along the site hoarding to improve visibility for passers-by.
Work is due to be completed by December 2019 and the first homes occupied in spring 2020.
Keeping you informed
- Download the Leyton and Lea Bridge spring newsletter 2018
- First Quarter 2018: Galliard Homes
Follow us on Twitter using #256ChurchRoad
More information is available from:
- Galliard Homes (Construction) – 020 8418 1000
- Galliard Homes (Leyton Sales Office) – 020 3409 6296
- Sales Manager, Joel Faugh
- Sales Manager, Richard Rosenthal
- Waltham Forest Council’s Stakeholder Relations and Community Engagement Manager, Keith Brown.