The Avenue Road estate was built in the early 1960s to help solve the severe housing shortage after the Second World War
Maintenance costs on the estate are high and the flats don’t meet the modern standards we would expect to provide for our tenants.
What is happening when?
- May to August 2019: Each household living on the estate is asked to complete a Housing Needs Survey so we know what accommodation they require Building Condition Surveys are taking place.
- July 2019: Gas supply is capped off to prevent gas being used in the flats.
- 11 July 2019: Waltham Forest Cabinet received a report and decided to allocate funding, so an options study can be done on the future of the estate. Read full details in the report.
- Winter 2019: Options discussed with residents
- February 2020: Waltham Forest Cabinet receives report on options for the future of the estate
Residents are being invited to help organise this event and if you have ideas on what should happen please contact Housing Engagement Officer, Julie Haughton.
Residents’ Action Group
There are four new noticeboards outside the blocks that the group will be displaying information.
- Download the Avenue Road Estate Newsletter 21 August 2019
- Download the Avenue Road Estate Newsletter 4 July 2019
Keeping you informed
Follow us on Twitter using #AvenueRoadEstate