What is planned?
The scheme includes:
- Building 518 new homes of which 51 per cent (264 homes) will be affordable
- Building 167 sq metres of commercial space
- £82,000 towards the upgrade of the underpass linking Bruner Road with St James Street bus station
- New footpaths
- A new cycling route and shared surface in South Grove
- A linear park through the development
- 646 cycle parking spaces
Who is doing the work?
London and Quadrant is undertaking the work.
What happens when?
The piling should be completed by July 2018 and then work will begin on the main buildings.
The temporary buildings for site staff are also being installed during summer 2018, along with ground works to take water, drainage, electricity and other utilities.
The first residents are expected to move in during late 2020 with the project completely finished by the end of 2022.
Keeping you informed
On Tuesday 3 July 2018 the Council held an information session at South Grove Primary School, Ringwood Road, Walthamstow, E17 8PW where residents, businesses and other stakeholders were able to find out more about proposals for regeneration of the St James’ Quarter, and ask questions about the proposals.
- Download the Have Your Say email newsletter 13 September 2019
- Download the St James Quarter email newsletter 23 August 2019
- Download St James' Quarter email newsletter 02 August 2019
- Download email newsletter 17 June 2019
- Download the St James' Quarter information session presentation
- Download the St James' Quarter summer newsletter 2018
Follow us on Twitter using #TheChainE17
More information is available from: