A former Council-owned car park between St James Street and Brunner Road has been unused for more than three years and has acted as a magnet for fly tipping.
What has happened?
Crate St James Street has provided 32 workspaces in a vibrant new workspace for small and growing local businesses and start-ups with shared areas for meeting clients.
We will keep ownership of the land.
What happens when?
- Monday 4 March 2019 Applications opened for businesses wishing to use Crate St James Street
- Sunday 31 March 2019 Applications closed for businesses wishing to use Crate St James Street
- April 2019 Crates delivered and erected on site each Wednesday throughout the month
- Friday 19 April 2019 Places offered to successful applicants
- Saturday 1 June 2019 Crate St James Street opens for trading
- Saturday 29 June 2019 Official launch event for Crate St James Street
A planning application reference number 183259 was approved, with conditions, by the Council's Planning Committee on Tuesday 4 December having gone through the normal planning process including formal consultation with nearby residents and businesses.
A public consultation was held in May 2018.
Keeping you informed
On Tuesday 3 July 2018 the Council held an information session at South Grove Primary School, Ringwood Road, Walthamstow, E17 8PW where residents, businesses and other stakeholders were able to find out more about proposals for regeneration of the St James’ Quarter, and ask questions about the proposals.
- Download the Have Your Say email newsletter 13 September 2019
- Download the Walthamstow Town Centre email newsletter 11 September 2019
- Download the St James Quarter email newsletter 23 August 2019
- Download email newsletter 2 August 2019
- Download email newsletter 17 June 2019
- Download the email newsletter 18 April 2019
- Download the email newsletter 5 December 2018
- Download the Have Your Say email newsletter 9 November 2018
- Download the email newsletter of 25 October 2018
- Download the email newsletter of 10 October 2018
- St James Quarter information session presentation
- St James' Quarter summer newsletter 2018
You can find out more about the facilities available and register your interest here
More information is available from: