The Essex Close site is a former garage site located to the rear of the existing Essex Close E17 6JS estate.
The site is currently closed off to the public as it is in use as a base for the Council’s framework contractor, Engie Regeneration Ltd.
What is planned?
The proposal is for 20 new homes, 50 per cent of which will be affordable.
There will also be a shared garden area and secure parking for 44 cycles.
Who will do the development?
Sixty Bricks, the Council owned development company will be responsible for building this scheme.
What happens when?
A planning application, reference number 192789, has been submitted. You can see the proposals and comment on them online.
- Friday 09 August 2019: Planning application submitted, and statuary consultation takes place
- November 2019: Planning Committee decision expected
- November/December 2019: Expected start on site
- March 2021: Expected completion of scheme
Keeping you informed
Consultations have been held with residents:
- on Thursday 12 July 2018. See the feedback from this event
- on Wednesday 29 May 2019. See the feedback from this event
On Saturday 31 August, 1 to 6pm, a Barbecue will be held for residents of Essex Close.
Sixty Bricks Project Manager, Emily Mountford
Waltham Forest Council’s Stakeholder Relations and Community Engagement Manager, Keith Brown