As part of the Council’s ongoing commitment to regenerate parts of the Borough over the next 20 years, parts of the Hylands Road Estate have been identified as being in need of major improvements.
The plans to improve and regenerate the estate are progressing, and we would like to meet with all residents to discuss the proposals in advance of our application for planning permission, in late August 2019.
We would encourage all residents to come along to hear about the improvement proposals and provide an opportunity to share your views, and provide us with feedback.
What is planned?
The proposal is to build around 120 new affordable homes on the site, all will be available to rent.
The proposals include:
- The proposal is to build around 120 new affordable homes on the site, all will be available to rent.
- The proposals include a mixture of one, two and three bedroom apartments.
- 12 of the homes will be suitable for people with disabilities
- Landscaping including play space for pre-school age
- Secure cycle storage within the building for all residents
- 9 parking bays for use by people with disabilities
- Solar panels will be fitted on the development
The proposal details may change during the resident engagement and planning process.
Who is doing the work?
Sixty Bricks will be managing the development of the scheme.
What happens when?
- Wednesday 21 August 2019: Public Engagement drop-in event
- August / September 2019: Planning application submitted and statutory consultation takes place
- Winter 2019: Planning decision expected
- Winter 2019: Work is expected to start on site with the demolition of the garages.
- Summer 2022: Expected first residents to move in
A drop-in public engagement event where residents could ask questions of Council officers regarding the proposals was held on Wednesday 21 August 2019.
You can subscribe to the Hylands Road email newsletter to keep up to date on the progress of this development.
More information is available from: