What is planned?
As well as providing 91 new homes for local people, the council’s plans for developing Juniper House, in Hoe Street, Walthamstow, include providing a 53-place pre-school nursery with its own play-area at the back of the site, new shops and a pocket park at the front along Hoe Street.
The redevelopment of Juniper House will deliver 91 new homes on the site, 41 of which will be classed as affordable housing. There will be 23 homes for social rent for local people, including some larger three and four bedroom homes to help families in need of affordable housing. Another 18 will be shared ownership homes designed to help local people afford a first home.
The council will keep ownership of the land when the development is completed.
Who is doing the work?
Hill Partnerships Limited has been awarded the design and build contract for this project.
What happens when?
- Monday 30 July 2018: The first consultation meeting took place to share the vision for the site and receive initial views from residents.
- Monday 22 October 2018: There was a follow up consultation giving more details of the proposed scheme including changes made following previous consultations with residents.
- December 2018: A planning application was submitted and further public consultation is taking place. See the planning documents and make your views known. Comments should reach the Council before Friday 25 January 2019 for inclusion in the report to Planning Committee.
- Spring 2019: A planning decision is expected.
If planning approval is given work should start on site in summer 2019 and be completed in early 2021.
- No future meetings are currently planned.
Keeping you informed
Please see the Juniper House E17 website for further information about the proposals, and the opportunity to comment.
- Download the Juniper House email newsletter 7 January 2019
- Download the Juniper House email newsletter 26 October 2018
- Download the Have Your Say email newsletter of Wednesday 10 October 2018
- Download the Juniper House email newsletter October 2018
- Download the Juniper House newsletter October 2018
- Download the Juniper House newsletter July 2018
More information is available from: