What is planned?
The development at Lena Kennedy Close is being delivered by Sixty Bricks.
It will provide 45 one, two and three bedroom apartments with 50% affordable, including social rented and shared ownership.
Rents are set at social rent levels as well as offering shared ownership purchase opportunities. All Sixty Bricks purchase and shared ownership new homes will be prioritised for local people and key workers in Waltham Forest.
Four homes are designated as ‘wheelchair accessible’ and are adaptable for multiple needs.
Who is doing the work?
Engie has been appointed to do the construction work to deliver the new homes in partnership with Sixty Bricks.
What happens when?
- Wednesday 20 March 2019: ball park is formally closed
- Friday 29 March 2019: hoardings erected around site
- August 2019: footpaths across the ball park are closed to allow work to start on site. Alternative routes are available
- Summer 2019: site preparation work begins
- Late 2020: work completed and first residents move in
Keeping you informed
We will be producing email newsletters to keep residents informed of progress.
Follow us on Twitter using #LenaKennedyClose