What we investigate Click to get info
- change of use commercial: the use of the building/site is changed without planning permission.
- change of use residential: the use of a residential is changed without planning permission
- domestic extension: building works is carried out without planning permission or planning conditions are not kept
- flat conversation: property that has been converted into flats without planning permission
- Home of Multiple Occupation: property that is used as a HMO without planning permission
- unauthorised advertising: advertisement that is displayed without planning permission
- untidy land
- high hedges or trees
- oversized/multiple satellite dishes
- oversized walls and fences
- dropped kerbs
- building works in conservation area/ listed building
- works to a tree preservation order
- people living in outbuilding
- building works not in accordance with the approved plans
What we don't investigate Click to get info
How to make a complaint Click to get info
Before making a complaint you should check to see if permission has been granted.
In some cases people can do works without needing planning permission.
If you think a development doesn't have planning permission, you should tell us about it today using this online planning enforcement enquiry form.
Download Waltham Forest Council's planning enforcement policy (64KB PDF)
See our planning enforcement service standards here (130KB DOC)
See previous planning enforcements Click to get info
You can see previous planning enforcements here.
- Planning enforcement register 2014 (35KB PDF)
- Planning enforcement register 2013 (18KB PDF)
- Planning enforcement register 2012 (188KB PDF)
- Planning enforcement register 2011 (89KB PDF)
- Planning enforcement register 2010 (65KB PDF)
- Planning enforcement register 2009 (66KB PDF)
If you have any questions or want to see registers from pre-2009 please get in touch.
Call 020 8496 3000 and ask for the Planning Enforcement Team.