Twenty-one arrested in Waltham Forest drugs raids to tackle youth violence.
In-depth analysis of young offenders convicted of crimes show a heavy prevalence of exposure to domestic abuse, a sense of abandonment and neglect and experience of a bereavement
Waltham Forest Council has successfully brought legal proceedings against a gardening company for fly tipping in the borough, boosting the drive to clampdown on offenders.
Pilot Project: Leytonstone Low Plastic Zone for businesses
Plastic pollution is a major concern for the environment. Plastic is not only a waste and littering issue; it often finds its way into waterways and oceans, releasing toxic chemicals before breaking down. Birds and animals in the sea mistakenly eat plastics or feed plastics to their offspring or get entangled plastic, leading to a great loss of life. Many customers are concerned about these issues and will use their purchasing power to go to outlets that are making efforts to reduce single use plastic.
One of the great names in British brewing, Truman’s, has today announced plans for a new brewery in Walthamstow.
- Members of the public are going behind-the-scenes of a historic Grade II listed venue that closed its door in 2003 ahead of £17m restoration
- Waltham Forest Council and Soho Theatre have teamed up to secure the future of the former EMD cinema (previously Granada Walthamstow) which will operate a new local theatre with a national profile as part of the legacy of Waltham Forest’s year as the first London Borough of Culture
More than 1,200 residents poured in to the new Cheney Row Park, Higham Hill, Walthamstow, on Saturday 18 May 2019 to celebrate it opening for the first time with a Family Fun Day.
The new park, on what was formerly an unloved open space which attracted dog fouling, fly-tipping and anti-social behaviour has seen £1.2 million invested in it and was paid from contributions made by nearby developments.
The design of the new park includes something for residents of all ages, including:
Inspection of The Council's 2018/19 accounts.
- Year-long season of unique guided experiences designed to encourage residents and visitors to explore Waltham Forest through new eyes
- Events include walking tours with psychogeographer John Rogers, culinary tours in each of the borough’s distinct neighbourhoods and an immersive meditative audio tour
- Also announced today are tours of the former EMD Cinema in Walthamstow
There has been a strong, collective drive to improve the education, health and care outcomes children and young people with special educational needs and / or disabilities achieve