What happens at your appointment Click to get info
All applicants over 15 and a half years old (15 years 6 months) must attend their appointment. Applicants under this age don't need to attend.
You must bring the following to your appointment:
- your British citizenship application checklist
- your original supporting documents
- your referee page
- passport photographs
- your ‘Life in the UK’ test certificate (please note, we’ll send the original to the Home Office)
What happens after the copies of my documents have been sent?
Once we’ve sent the certified copied of your documents, we don’t have any further involvement with your application.
If you want to discuss your application with UK Visas and Immigration you should contact them directly.
Apply for a British passport during your appointment Click to get info
You can now apply for your British passport at the same time as your nationality document return appointment. This means you won’t have to attend an interview at a passport office.
If your application for citizenship is a success, then your British passport will be posted to your home address, after you’ve attended your citizenship ceremony.
This is an additional £10 on top of the £65 for the nationality document return appointment, making a total of £75 per applicant.
The fee is payable when you book your appointment.
Fees are non-refundable.
What you need to bring
Please bring with you:
- the items we need you to bring for your NDRS appointment (please see the section above called ‘What happens at your appointment’ for a full list)
- your completed HMPO British passport application to your appointment (available at Post Offices) - please don’t use online passport forms, we can’t accept downloaded forms
- two photographs – these must be identical to the photograph used for your citizenship application, but they don’t need to be certified
It’s important that you complete your passport application form in full before you arrive for your appointment. If you don’t, we will re-book your appointment and you will need to pay the fee again.
How to complete your passport application form
Make sure you:
- complete sections 1,2,3,4,6 (if applicable), and 9
- don’t enter a mobile phone number in section 2 – put it in section 8 instead
- you don’t need to add grandparents details in section 4
- you don’t need to complete section 10
- the payment mandate on page 25 must be completed – but don’t fill in the barcode section