Landlords licensing privacy notice

Online council services

Who we are and what we do

We are the Property Licensing and Enforcement Team which is part of the Place Directorate at Waltham Forest Council. Our role is to improve the housing conditions of residents in the borough. Our service licenses properties that need to be licensed under a Mandatory or Selective Licensing scheme.  We also enforce legislation in relation to the conditions of homes in the borough. We carry out proactive work as well as responding to complaints from tenants or neighbours. We also support landlords where we can to ensure that all privately rented properties in Waltham Forest are safe for their occupants.

We need the information from you so that we can determine your licence application and to administer the licensing scheme.

We may contact you from time to time if we feel there are developments in the law you need to be aware of, if we have information that may benefit you or if we would like consult with you about a new policy or procedure.

We will also contact you before the licence renewal date to ensure your property remains licensed.

We collect information about you [such as your name and address], details of other parties who have a relevant interest in the property and details of the property you are licensing.

We may also be obligated to share your personal details with other organisations, partner agencies and external regulatory partners for purposes of law enforcement and fraud and for the prevention or detection of crime, the capture or prosecution of offenders; and the assessment or collection of tax or duty.

We are required to keep your information for a minimum of 7 years after which time it will be destroyed

Our Data Protection Officer is Mark Hynes. You can contact him at

Please see the relevant section of the Corporate Privacy Notice.

Please see the relevant section of the Corporate Privacy Notice.

These are included in the relevant section of the Corporate Privacy Notice.

If we’re unable to resolve your complaint to your satisfaction, you can make a complaint to the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO).