Why we need your information and how we use it Click to get info
We require this data for Statutory reasons under the Traffic Management Act 2004 (and associated regulations) and the Transport Act 2000, (and associated regulations, notably The Bus Lane Contraventions (Penalty Charges, Adjudication and Enforcement) (England) Regulations 2005)
What type of information is collected Click to get info
We collect the following information about you:
- vehicle registration mark
Some examples of when we collect this information include:
When a vehicle is seen in contravention; bus lane parking:
- we will contact the DVLA to obtain the registered keeper details to issue a penalty charge notice / notice to owner
- if the vehicle is hired / leased then we request a copy of the hire / lease agreement from the registered keeper of the vehicle to enable the transfer of liability
- if the registered keeper has sold the vehicle, then we can obtain details of the new keeper from the registered keeper at the time of contravention
Monitoring and recording communications Click to get info
We may monitor communications such as emails and telephone calls for the following purposes:
- quality assurance
- fraud prevention
How we use the information we collect Click to get info
We collect information about you for the following purposes:
- The keeper / hirer details are obtained to enable the council to enforce the penalty charge notice / notice to owner under the statutory process in place.
For information about the statutory process please visit the London tribunals website.
How long we keep your information Click to get info
Data is stored for a period of up to 6 years or for as long as cases remain outstanding.
Who your information may be shared with (internally and externally Click to get info
We may share your information with:
- Law enforcement agencies in connection with any investigation to help prevent unlawful activity
- London tribunals
- The traffic enforcement centre
- Collection agency
- NSL services group
- Pay by phone
- Liberty services
- Cobalt telephone technologies
- Northgate public services
- Other local authorities
The information will be shared internally for the better performance and efficiency of council services.
We will not disclose any information to any company outside of London Borough of Waltham Forest except to prevent fraud, or if required to do so by law.
Keeping your information secure Click to get info
We will use technological and organisation measures to keep your information secure. These measures may include the following examples:
- all data is stored on a database on a secure server which are password protected
- all payment processing is done using PCI compliance systems
What rights do you have? Click to get info
We may not be able to delete your personal data if it is needed for legal reasons, for reasons of public health, public interest or for medical purposes.
If you wish to contact the London Borough of Waltham Forest’s Data controller regarding your personal data and any other concerns you may have regarding its processing you can do so by contacting our Data Protection Officer (see below for contact details)
Contact details of the Data Protection Officer
London Borough of Waltham Forest
Please note that these details are NOT to be used to make an enquiry or dispute a PCN. This is handled separately by writing to the following address:
London Borough of Waltham Forest
PO Box 9319
If you are unhappy with how the data controller has processed your data, or if you feel they have acted in a way that has breached your data protection rights you have the right to complain to the information commissioner’s office.