Shared ownership Click to get info
This is also called part buy part rent.
Shared ownership means you can buy a 25 per cent to 75 per cent share of a home from a housing association. You then pay rent on the remainder.
This works out cheaper than full ownership, and you can buy more shares, up to 100 per cent, when you can afford to.
You can search for all shared ownership homes across London and find out more on the First Step website.
Current low cost home ownership homes in Waltham Forest
- St Andrews Court, Network – 1 x 1 bedroom apartment still available.
- Banbury Park, Circle Housing – Some homes still available.
- Gallery Court, Sanctuary Housing – Some homes still available.
- Stadium Place, London & Quadrant – Some homes still available.
- Leyton Central, Ruckholt Road E10, Circle Housing – 5 x 2 bedroom apartments and 2 x 2 bedroom wheelchair accessible apartments available now. Register your interest by emailing email@example.com
- Unity Works E17, Peabody – 30 x 1, 2 and 3 bed homes available including 1 x 1 bed wheelchair adaptable home.
- Evesham Court E17 – Circle. 8 one and two bedroom apartments coming soon
Right to buy Click to get info
Other home ownership options Click to get info
Rent to Save
This offers you the opportunity to rent a property at less than open market rent as part of an agreed saving plan to help you save up a deposit.
Find out about the Rent to Save scheme
Help to Buy
This is a government initiative to help you buy a home if you cannot raise more than a five per cent deposit. Find out about Help to Buy.
Understanding the risks Click to get info
In all these ownership schemes, your home will be at risk if you do not keep up payments secured on the property.
We recommend you obtain independent professional advice before committing to any home ownership scheme.
You will only be eligible for one scheme at a time – for example you cannot use the Help to Buy scheme to buy a shared ownership home.